One of the benefits of being involved in investment management since 1981 has been the realization that the more things change, the more they stay the same. History does repeat itself. Over the years we have experienced many different market environments and the number of different type of securities you can invest in can simply be overwhelming.
Investment planning needs to have:
- A well defined strategy.- Investment Policy Statement
- One that is aligned with your personal financial goals
- An "all-weather" portfolio that can adjust to the changes in the market
- Mindful of the costs associated with investing
- Rebalanced periodically to keep it in alignment and address your risk tolerence
By consolidating all your accounts into one report you can see your total picture.This helps to manage your risk and return.
Our investment research includes fundamental, technical, and cyclical analysis from many different resources. Some that are included, but not limited to are MorningStar, fund prospectuses, S&P reports, Argus reports, Thompson Reuters Stock Reports, financial newspapers and magazines, white papers and research materials prepared by other sources. Employees of AFP also attend on and off site visits with fund and portfolio managers, conference calls, and industry conferences.
Each client’s portfolio is constructed solely for that client. Once your portfolios are in place and implemented, a continual process of review unfolds. This process ensures you are moving closer to your investment and financial goals.